Enjoy complete seclusion on the leafy two-acre grounds of this 3BR/2BA Malibu house. Set beside a seasonal stream, the house is surrounded by mature oaks and sycamore trees, with gardens full of roses, jasmine and Matilija poppies.
An expansive lawn, split-level patios, outdoor dining spots, and a fire pit with seating area all await in the backyard haven, and a staircase leading up to a hilltop hammock offers blissful relaxation.
Extensively renovated, this single-story home features an updated kitchen with custom cabinetry and two living rooms with gas fireplaces. The main living room is especially inviting, with vaulted ceilings and a skylight.
You?re just a short drive from hiking and biking trails, and just over a mile to the beach at Paradise Cove (accessed via a tunnel under the PCH). End days with dinner at Paradise Cove Beach Cafe and watch the sun set into the Pacific.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
In the main living area, curl up with a book in front of the large fireplace, or play cards and sip drinks around the coffee table. A second living room offers more space to unwind, furnished with an armchair and another fireplace. Both spaces have sliding glass doors to the back patio.
Cook and socialize in an open kitchen with custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and a granite island with bar seating for two. Cupboards are well-stocked with essentials for meal prep, including cookware, dishes, and gadgets.
When dinner?s ready, dish up at a nearby dining table with six chairs.
Shaded by towering oaks and sycamore trees, a huge back lawn offers tons of space for family games and picnics. Fire up the gas grill for a BBQ, then share meals on a patio with a five-person dining table.
Beyond, a long staircase leads up to a quiet sitting area with a bistro table. Venture farther still for complete seclusion and sweeping garden views from a hilltop hammock.
The master bedroom has a king bed, three closets, and French doors that open to the garden.
The second bedroom has a pull-out futon bed and full-size bed above. The room also has a desk area -- a convenient spot to catch up on emails.
The house has two guest bathrooms: one with a tub/shower combination and another with a walk-in shower.
A separate studio above the garage offers a third sleeping option. The spacious room includes a full-size bed, oversized ottoman, microwave, and toaster oven.
Other guest amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, a washer/dryer, and driveway parking for two cars.
Enjoy horseback rides and hiking at Escondido Canyon Park (a 6-minute drive), or bask on the shores of Paradise Cove Beach (a 2-minute drive).
Wine lovers can take their pick from tasting tours at a host of local vineyards. Drive 17 minutes to Malibu Wine Safaris for open-air Safari trips around the 1,000-acre ranch and vineyard.
The Pacific Coast Highway is only a 5-minute drive from your door. Rolling surf, hidden beaches, and sprawling state parks are the backdrop to a journey on this iconic stretch of coast.
THE TURNKEY ADVANTAGE
Your vacation rental is TurnKey Rental Certified. All photos, calendar, and rates are 100% accurate. We will notify you proactively when early check-in and/or late check-out are possible. You'll receive the comforts of home with a starter supply of shampoo, soaps, paper products and hotel-quality towels and linens.
We make it easy to stay with us! Drive straight to your rental and access the home with your unique lock code. When you book, we will send you our mobile app with directions and home instructions. We?re available 24 hours a day with live help.
All TurnKey rentals follow local/state tax rules. Each reservation includes applicable taxes, cleaning fee, and Property Damage Protection policy.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 1 Bunk 1 Full
Room Description: Master- King bed
2BR- Full bunk
Studio above garage - Full bed
Full bath with shower/tub combo
Full bath with stand-up shower
Pets: Cats Allowed, Dogs allowed
* ATTRACTIONS: arboretum, botanical garden, caves, churches, cinemas, library, live theater, marina, museums, recreation center, restaurants, Churches, Health/Beauty/Spa
* Business: Nearby ATM, Nearby Post Office, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby FedEx, Nearby Bank
* Convenience: Area FitnessCenter, Nearby Medical Services, Nearby Grocery, Movie Theatres, Golf Course
* Culture: arboretum, Caves, Live Theater, Museums, Recreation Center, Botanical Garden, Library, Arboretum
* ENTERTAINMENT: Books, Games, Television, Toys, Games, Wireless Internet, Books
* GENERAL: Air Conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Fireplace, Fitness Room / Equipment, Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Parking, Towels Provided, Washing Machine
* Geographic: Near Beach, Close to Town, Near Public Transportation
* KITCHEN: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Full Kitchen, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Ice Maker, Microwave, Toaster, Cookware, Blender, Cooking Utensils, Pots / Pans, Dishwasher, Glassware, Stove / Oven, Silverware, Tea Kettle, Keurig Machine
* LEISURE_ACTIVITIES: antiquing, beachcombing, bird watching, horseback riding, paddle boating, photography, scenic drives, sight seeing, walking
* LOCAL_SERVICES_AND_BUSINESSES: ATM/bank, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
* LOCATION_TYPE: Near The Ocean
* Living: Central Air, Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fans, Linens, Washer & Dryer, Ironing Board, High Speed Internet, Fireplace, Iron, Hair Dryer, Games, Novels , Clothes Hangers , Heat
* OUTSIDE: Bicycles, Deck / Patio, Lawn / Garden, Outdoor Grill, Water Sports Gear
* Outdoor: Patio, Gas Grill, Fire Pit, Bicycles, Private Entrance, Beach Chairs
* SPORTS_AND_ADVENTURE_ACTIVITIES: basketball court, cycling, deepsea fishing, fishing, golf, hiking, jet skiing, paragliding, pier fishing, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, spelunking, surf fishing, surfing, swimming, water skiing, water tubing, wind-surfing
* SUITABILITY: children welcome, non smoking only, pets considered
* SUITABILITY_CHKBOX: Minimum Age Limit for Renters
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly|
|Standard 7th January, 2018 to 7th July, 2020
1 night min stay
Avg. NightlyCheck Availability
Enter your contact info and we will call you back